Tuesday 1 May 2018

Visiting Home

Last night I returned to my ‘local club’. Morecambe Model Car Club (MMCC) was the club I learnt to race at. Its been over 2 years since I last attended, and it was great to see everyone again.



In its small villiage hall, the track layouts are always very compact, promoting close confines wheel to wheel racing in every run. 

It’s a highly competitive club, with its capacity of 30 racers every week. (Plus reserves). There is guys who have raced for only a couple of months, but also 5+ national A finalists there, all providing super close racing, and great help to the others. 

Qualifying went down to the wire again, my teammate Aidan Ripley once again outqualifying me as he prepares some great form, for the national that he won last year. He had me by only 0.5seconds this time. :) 

In the final I managed to take the lead early on this time. I could win, where people suggesting it was impressive for me to just turn up and win, but in truth, I know that track better than anywhere!  I was still thrilled to win on my return! 



Setup Stuff
This club uses the contact control tyre.  I used the exact same setup as per nationals, but geared down by 4 pinion teeth. 
-Used tyres felt easier to drive but where equally as fast as new ones. 
-The control tyres had laid so much grip, I went up from gold to nickel side springs. This was a step to far, so ended on gold which gave great rotation but enough rear grip. Nickel provided more mid corner rotation, but lacked some on power rear grip. 
-I was using rear additive for 20mins and front for 15mins. This close together time, I’m putting down to wanting more steering on the control tyres. More front additive time = more steering. 

Thanks for having me guys!! Can’t wait to come back again, sooner hopefully. 

2 comments:

  1. Alessandro G.2 May 2018 at 00:24

    Sounds like the Mecca for GT12! I definitely need to pay a visit one day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always welcome Andy, Might even tell you what time to turn up next time!!!
    Mark Carter.

    ReplyDelete