Sunday 29 April 2018

The GT12 Charity Race

I attended a GT12 Charity Race yesterday, hoasted by RVRCCC in the north west.
At this race, all entry fees and earnings from food and the raffle, would be donated to The Survivors Trust.



After 4 rounds of qualifying where Adam Catchpole, Aidan Ripley and myself took turns at holding TQ, Aidan Ripley took the pole position after an epic run in Q3. Myself and Adam couldn't better it in Q4, both falling short by less than 1 second!  

It wasn't all about the A final!  At this race, it was great to see many racers attend, all enjoying finals from A through to F finals.  Many of the winners being young kids, proud to be walking away with trophies!

The A final was really fun with all 3 of us battling for 6 minutes.  Sadly I never could take the lead, but my car felt as amazing as it has all season!  Adam would take the win closely followed by myself and Aidan.

Setup Changes
On this carpet, the car I started out with was massively easy to drive with an understeery feeling. To battle this;
- I increased the side springs from silver, to gold.
- Increased the additive amount from 15mm up to 20mm on the front.  (for less understeer) 
- Increased the front timing to 15minutes and reduced the rear to 25minutes. (for less understeer)
- I found new tyres to not provide as much grip or laptime as used ones at this track.  
- Otherwise I was using my Chippenham national setup.


















I really hope the club make this an annual race.  I will certainly be back if they do!

Next up is the Bob Hill Summer Shootouts in a few weeks time. Probably after a little bit more testing and practise! 






No comments:

Post a Comment