Saturday 9 February 2019

BedsMCC Club Night

Last night I returned for more practice at this club. https://bedsmcc.co.uk/.
I really enjoy going here especially as it reminds me a lot of the club I owe a lot to, https://www.morecamberc.org!

This week was good fun, I tried using one set of tyres all night on my eclipse 2, Starting at  43.4mm rear, 41.4mm front. This made things a lot easier time wise and with no height adjustments, (I started at 4mm rear, 3.8mm front. They were perfect in the final.

It was good to spend the night practicing and working with teammates Dan and Ian Robins.  As you can see from the times below, Dan's getting pretty consistent now with his E2!! Thanks for fixing my KC Ian :)

Here is some slow motion LMP12 13.5t of last weeks club at BedsMCC.  Thanks to Mark F for sending the video.


Advice
I applied some ca glue to the sidewall on the rears where the wheel contacts the foam to help prevent it peeling. (Something more pronounced the large diameter you run) I did this half way through the night when finding it slightly appear to detach in places. This prevented any tyre chunking or strange handling feeling.

I will continue to use one set of tyres to race at a club night. In lower grip levels (club events) it’s slightly faster to use larger tyres, rather than the tiny ones I was using from after national use.  So instead I will now keep last nights set and skim the tiny bit off on a truer to go race at the National at probably 42mm rear 41mm front, or smaller.

Tonight I'm going back to one of my favourite clubs, CARS at Chesterfield, after a long time away!  More Eclipse 2 practice, on their new PrimaGT carpet.


No comments:

Post a Comment