Thursday 29 March 2018

Atom/Eclipse rear setup

3 key settings for the rear of the car are rideheight, droop and anti squat. (Antisquat is the angle of the rear pod). From horizontal, more angle backwards to the rear is more antisquat.
I increased this angle when I want the car to be smoother coming off power on corner entry. 

Here’s how I set it:
-Measure the gap in the rear, between the pod and chassis plates. 4.3mm  is my standard antisquat setup.  I put the rideheight gauge in this position in order to measure easier. (Bear in mind, decreasing this number increases the antisquat)
Adjust this using the rear springs nut. 


-Set rideheight using rear axle bearing eccentrics. (Height adjusters) 3.5mm is my starting point. 

- Set droop using the rear grub screw. More droop generally makes the car smoother and easier to drive. 
1mm is my staring point. 

(Screwing in = less droop)

Measuring rear droop is as simple as measuring rideheight ‘A’.  Lifting  the rear of the car until the rear wheels are about to take off, by holding the centre damper tube, then measure the height chassis in that position. ‘B’
B - A = Rear Droop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment